Code of Conduct for members of the Craig Henry Tennis Club
We want to maintain a civilized, respectful and pleasant environment at the Craig Henry Tennis Club, both on and off the court, so that all members can use and enjoy the club facilities. We expect the highest level of sportsmanship, courtesy, respect, and fair play from our members. All club members, guests, visitors, and tennis professionals must abide by the following code of conduct rules while they are on the CHTC premises.
- Respect others regardless of age, gender or sexual orientation, race, culture or religion.
- Respect all Club property and facilities, including but not limited to courts, nets, fixtures, cleaning equipment, and appliances.
- Do not swear and use inappropriate language.
- Do not behave in an aggressive manner towards club members, club guests/visitors, club personnel and club executive members. Any form of bullying will not be tolerated
- Any statement or behaviour that is reasonable for an individual to interpret as a threat to use physical force that would or could cause injury will not be tolerated and will result in immediate loss of membership and court privileges, removal from the premises and further sanctions as described below.
- Harassment will not be tolerated. Harassment is defined as engaging in a course of insulting comment or conduct that is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome and will result in immediate loss of membership and court privileges, removal from the premises, and further sanctions as described below.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests follow this Code of Conduct and are also responsible for ensuring that their guests pay their fees.
Anyone who fails to follow the Code of Conduct as judged by a majority of the Board of Directors will lose their good standing with the Craig Henry Tennis Club and be sanctioned. The Board of Directors will, at its discretion, determine the appropriate sanction, which may include but is not limited to:
- Suspension of playing privileges or membership, either for a prescribed period or permanently and with no refund of fees.
- Corrective action (warning) in writing.
- In the case of non-members, failure to abide by this Code of Conduct may result in a requirement to vacate the premises and banning from returning to the club either for a prescribed period or permanently, as the Board of Directors decided.
Any sanction imposed may be appealed in writing (or by email, at email@example.com) to the Board of Directors. The Board decision in matters of discipline or policy is final.
A complaint by any member against another member, visitor, guest, or tennis professional alleging a failure to follow the Code of Conduct must be made in writing (or by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org) to the Club President, or to any other member of the Board of Directors, following the Reporting Process described below.
Complaint/Incident Reporting Process
If you witnessed an incident that violates the Code of Conduct rules, then make a complaint in writing (or by email, at email@example.com) as soon as possible after the incident while the details are still fresh in your mind, and include the following information:
- Your name, phone number, email address
- Date and time of incident
- Names of any witnesses
- Name of offender(s)
- Full details of the incident including what led up to the incident, who was involved, and the outcome
- Date the incident report is being submitted
Craig Henry Tennis Club, 2019