It is essential that Craig Henry Tennis Club members embrace the values of good sportsmanship. As such, we aim to provide all participants with a safe, competitive and enjoyable environment for playing tennis.
Any person involved in a Craig Henry Tennis Club activity (member, participant, official, volunteer, coordinator or spectator) commits to respecting the following guidelines:
- Treat everyone with courtesy and respect within the context of tennis, regardless of gender, place or origin, colour or ethnicity, religion, political belief, economic status or ability. This requirement prohibits any form of harassment or discrimination.
- Exhibit fairness and integrity, follow proper tennis etiquette safety guidelines on or off court and encourage others to do the same;
- Not engage in any behaviour or actions that would or ought to have known to intimidate others or endanger themselves, other participants, volunteers, spectators and staff members or cause damage to the equipment or facilities being used.
- Not attempt to play while under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs.
- Respect our attendants and club facilities by picking up after themselves.
- Abide by the Craig Henry Tennis Club rules and regulations. Violations of the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action by the CHTC Executive Committee, ranging from a simple warning to immediate or future suspension or expulsion from the game, league, tournament, program and/or a revocation of membership. No refunds will be issued in these circumstances.
- Courts must be booked online, starting 24 hours before the planned play time. To book a court, log in to your club account and click Tennis Court Booking.
- You can book court time in chunks of 30, 60 or maximum 90 minutes. If you want to play multiple times a day, please note that there is a 3-hour cooling-off period between bookings by the same club member. Also, there is a court booking restriction during what we call Prime Time: from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. you can book only 60 minutes.
- Ball machines are not allowed on the club courts after 5 p.m.
- Ball machines must be used only on side courts: 1, 4, 5 or 8.
- The court time limit applies to ball machines as well. When booking a court to practice with your ball machine, select the Ball Machine partner in the court booking system.
- When using your ball machine, be mindful of where your balls are going and practice good ball management at all times so that members playing on the adjacent court can enjoy playing without unnecessary frequent distraction.